I recently wasted several hours (not to mention fried brain cells) trying to figure out why a website was returning 404 errors for all the WebResource.axd requests.
One of my biggest annoyances about SQL Server is the inability to load a database from a later version into a previous one. Database files and backups don’t have any indicators of their version (unless you are OCD enough to enforce naming conventions) so whenever I get a backup file from a client (or from […]
The Sitefinity classification widgets allow you display a list of taxonomy items (Categories, Tags, etc.)from your various content items. By default this control collects and renders all used taxonomy items, regardless of type.
When you create a blog in Sitefinity, you must also assign it a Default Page, which is the page that contains the BlogPosts widget for displaying the full Details View of a post. If you delete this page, move the BlogPosts widget to another page, or modify this relationship in any other way, you must […]
I experienced a "duh" moment today while trying to tackle an error I was receiving while playing with the Sitefinity 4 RC (due out later this week!). Whenever I created a template, I’d always get the following error when I tried to edit it: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: […]
At long last I finally found time to publish the latest version of the Sitefinity Toolkit, as of now version 1.1 with support for Sitefinity 3.7 SP1 through SP3 (it will not work with any other versions than these) on both the Standard and Community versions. See the main page for the Sitefinity Toolkit for […]
This is just a quick note to document a fix for a horrendous bug in Adobe Reader that causes downloads to fail if they are being served from a Windows Server 2008 machine. It has been plaguing me for weeks, before I even knew it was a bug! The last time I needed help with […]